Risk analysis and decision-making tools are relevant to most organisations, in most industries around the world. This is demonstrated by the speaker line-up at this year’s European User Conference, an event at which we believe it is important to bring together customers from a wide range of market sectors.
We are holding ‘New Approaches to Risk and Decision Analysis‘ at the Institute of Directors in central London on 14th and 15th April 2010. As with previous years, the programme aims to provide everyone attending with practical advice to enhance the decision-making capabilities of their organisation. Customer presentations, which offer insight into a wide variety of business applications of risk and decision analysis, include:
- CapGemini: Faldo’s folly or Monty’s Carlo – The Ryder Cup and Monte Carlo simulation
- DTU Transport: New approaches to transport project assessment; reference scenario forecasting and quantitative risk analysis
- Georg-August University Research: Benefits from weather derivatives in agriculture: a portfolio optimisation using RISKOptimizer
- Graz University of Technology: Calculation of construction costs for building projects – application of the Monte Carlo method
- Halcrow: Risk-based water distribution rehabilitation planning – impact modelling and estimation
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers: PricewaterhouseCoopers and Palisade: an overview
- Noven: Use of Monte Carlo simulations for risk management in pharmaceuticals
- SLR Consulting: Risk sharing in waste management projects – @RISK and sensitivity analysis
- Statoil: Put more science into cost risk analysis
- Unilever: Succeeding in DecisionTools Suite 5 rollout – Unilever’s story
We will also look at the recently-launched language versions of @RISK and DecisionTools Suite, which are now available in French, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Japanese. Software training sessions will provide delegates with practical knowledge to ensure they can optimise their use of the tools and implement business best practise and methodologies.
With over 100 delegates from around the world attending, the event is also a good opportunity to network and knowledge-share with risk professionals from around the world.